DICK (STEPHEN RICHARD) McCALLA, PARTNER
Dick (Stephen Richard) McCalla’s broad range of transactional and litigation experience encompasses the fields of estate planning and probate, oil and gas law, agricultural law, real estate law and commercial law.
Currently, much of Dick’s practice focuses on the preservation of assets, wealth transfer and succession planning of his clients. Additionally, he regularly counsels his clients, mineral owners as well as working interest owners, in oil and gas matters including lease negotiation, purchase and sale of mineral interests, representation before the Oklahoma Corporation Commission and succession planning for the transfer of their oil and gas interests. From the family farm to the family business and mineral interest ownership, he values the succession of his clients’ interest to the next generation.
Dick also has significant experience representing both corporate and individual clients in commercial, agriculture, and oil and gas litigation.
Dick’s extensive legal experience is bolstered by his firsthand knowledge of the issues facing his clients. He began working as a child in the family farm and ranching operation that he continues to own and operate today. As a life-long resident of the ranch, Dick has valuable hands-on experience and a literal understanding of the needs of his clients.
- J.D., University of Oklahoma, 1990.
- B.S. in Accounting/Business, University of Oklahoma, 1972
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- Probate and Ancillary Probate
- Oil & Gas/Mineral Interests
- Agriculture Law
- Real Estate
- Business Formation, Governance and Transactions
Organizational Leadership and Civic Involvement:
- National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO), Board Member
- National Association of Royalty Owners - Oklahoma Chapter (OK-NARO), President
- Grady County Mineral Owners, Board Member and Past President
- Canadian Valley Technology Center, Board Member and Past President
- Rotary International
- Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association
- Texas Southwest Cattlemen’s Association
- First Christian Church of Chickasha, Elder and Trustee
- State of Oklahoma, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Grady County Bar Association