JEROMY E. BROWN, PARTNER
Jeromy E. Brown’s practice has a broad base. Much of his practice today involves issues in the oil and gas industry. He began by defending companies involved in environmental claims across Oklahoma. He has represented large producers, operators, and individual mineral owners. He has helped many mineral owners secure lease agreements and other beneficial contracts. He has also represented small companies and mineral owners in administrative proceedings before the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Jeromy has handled many cases defending companies and individuals in many other types of litigation, as well. His experience includes defending tractor-trailer operators, retail stores, small businesses, agricultural producers, and local government entities. Jeromy also serves as local counsel for local government entities and municipalities.
Another area of practice that has been a focus during his career involves the construction industry. Jeromy has defended, and prosecuted, multiple claims involving construction defects.
Because Jeromy is a fourth generation Grady county resident, he also has the opportunity to represent individuals and families in estate planning, business succession planning, and other related matters, such as guardianships.
Jeromy has been active in multiple professional organizations, including the Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel, of which he served as President in 2008. He is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute. As a member of the Defense Research Institute he was honored to be chosen to serve as the Oklahoma State Representative from 2013-2015.
Jeromy has also served nonprofit organizations, and served on the Board of The Foundation, a religious organization based in Oklahoma City with state and international connections. He currently serves on the Grady County Board of CASA, an organization that seeks to advocate in the court system for neglected and abused children in the community.
Areas of Practice:
- Oil & Gas/Mineral Interests
- Business Formation, Governance and Transactions
- Construction Defects
- Personal Injury and Tort Claims and Casualties
- Environmental Law
- Plaintiffs and Defendants in Environmental Claims
- Estate Planning, Will and Trusts
- Municipal and Governmental Law
- Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- J.D., cum laude, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1998
- Honors: Top 10% of class
- Honors: Corpus Juris Secundum in Torts
- Honors: Moot Court
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Honorary Fraternity
- Honors: Merit Scholarship Award
- International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy at Stanford University - 2007
- B.A. in History/Political Sciences, Bethany College, Lindsborg, Kansas, 1994
Professional Associations, Memberships and Honors
- The Oklahoma Bar, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Oklahoma State Representative 2013-2015
- DRI Exceptional Performance Citation
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member (IADC)
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- President, 2010
- Vice-President, 2009
- Chair of Oil and Gas Committee, 2007
- Grady County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Named Superlawyers Rising Star, Oklahoma, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Listed in AM Best Directories of Insurance Professionals